The seventh webinar from the ALIGN-CCUS project described outputs from Work Package 1, which has focused on the market readiness of carbon capture technology for both power and industrial applications. Work to date has involved testing campaigns at cutting-edge research facilities in order to improve the environmental and economic performance of CO2 capture technology.
Our speakers provided an overview of guidelines developed specifically for CCS operators and other stakeholders. They covered topics such as guidelines cover emissions control, solvent management and derisking process dynamics and control. Download speaker biographies.
Project coordinator, Peter van Os (TNO), chaired the event, which included an opportunity to ask questions of our expert panel:
- Hanne Kvamsdal, WP1 lead, SINTEF
- Juliana Monteiro, TNO
- Georg Wiechers, RWE
- Thor Mejdell, SINTEF
- Susana Garcia, Heriot-Watt University (Q&A only)
- Welcome and ALIGN-CCUS project overview - Peter van Os, Project coordinator, TNO
- WP1: Enabling near-term deployment of integrated capture facilities and cluster development - Hanne Kvamsdal, WP1 lead, SINTEF
- Guidelines for emission control - Juliana Monteiro, TNO
- Guidelines for effective solvent management - Georg Wiechers, RWE
- Guidelines for de-risking process dynamics and control - Thor Mejdell, SINTEF
- Wrap-up and close – Peter van Os, TNO
Date: Thursday 25 June 2020
Time: 10:00 - 11:00 CEST / 09:00 - 10:00 UK time